| Larisa Sembeliuk-Cheladyn
20.25 x 7.5 in. The train station was a focal point of every prairie town. It was a life-line for the community – serving as a communication hub for the telegraph, moving agricultural goods and the mail, and receiving produce and stock for the stores.
Originally built in 1923, the Bellis train station was relocated to the Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village in 1980.
This image is one of a series created as a fundraising project for the Friends of the Ukrainian Village Society.
Research support for this project was generously provided by Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village Research Programme.